Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I made this in the crock pot with things i had on hand. I didn't want the same old beef stew, so i looked here first and combined about 3 recipes. I hope it is enjoyed by all. Makes alot. I froze the left overs. Served with corn bread muffins sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. I have a hard time measuring but these are close. I eyeball most things. This is basic and can be adjusted to suit your family. I did all my prep the day before (even the muffins).
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs stew meat (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup diced onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper (1 medium)
- 2 cups diced carrots (i used 3)
- 1 cup chopped celery (i used 2 stalks)
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth or 1 (14 ounce) can stock
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15025 ounce) can corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons smoked hot peppers (i have them in the freezer from summer, you can get them in most stores)
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Dice everything to your liking.
- Dump in the crock pot.
- Cook on low 7-10 hours.
- Serve with corn bread, or taco scoop style chips.
- Top with cheese and sour cream.