Recipe by KS Farmwife
My best friend made me pay attention to how I do this and write it down. I'm sharing it with you now. We like it with any cheesy hashbrown casserole (there are tons of 'em on this site).
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
This was my first time EVER making meatloaf. It turned out great. The mixture of ground beef and pork sausage really made the recipe! Made for PAC FAll 2008. thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 package saltine, crushed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cut in half
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Spray metal baking pan and meat rack (or crumpled foil) with non stick spray.
- In large bowl combine meat, onion, crackers, soup mix, onion powder, dash of pepper, eggs, and half of the tomato sauce (reserve other half in can).
- Knead with hands to mix well.
- Shape into loaf and lay in pan on top of rack.
- Lay bacon slices over the top.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile in tomato sauce can, add brown sugar, mustard, and vinegar to remaining sauce.
- Stir well.
- Remove meatloaf from oven pour tomato sauce mixture over top.
- Return to oven for additional 45 minutes.
- Remove& Enjoy!