Recipe by getoutofmygalley
Don't like meatloaf? Try THIS! It's juicy and tart and sweet...a take on my momma's meatloaf recipe we ate growing up.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Use your hands, y'all. It's messy but it's the only way to really get everything blended well!
- Combine beef and eggs til moist.
- Add breadcrumbs, ketchup, milk, onion, salt and pepper.
- Shape into a loaf and place on baking sheet or loaf pan.
- Combine all sauce ingredients, and heat for 1 min in microwave.
- Pour sauce over meatloaf, then cover loaf with a layer of ketchup.
- Bake on 400 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes and enjoy.