This is a consolidation of my mom's recipe and my own touches. I use to use just 1 pound (or more) of ground beef, but now that I have changed my eating habits, the turkey is incorporated into it, making it a little healther. Adjust the amounts as you need or to your desires. Sometimes I use more onion, sometimes less. I also sprinkle in garlic powder and Accent every once in a while.
- All measurements are approximates.
- Mix the ground meat with the ingredients listed, with the exception of the ketchup.
- Place in a lightly sprayed loaf pan (sprayed with Pam), top with ketchup (my boys like a thick layer of it on top).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until thoroughly cooked (45 minutes or more).
- *For the dried bread crumbs, I use 2 to 3 slices of lightly toasted bread that has been chopped up in a food processor.