Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I never liked meatloaf from anyone or anywhere until I figured out how to make it myself.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup (plus 2 T for top of loaf)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Form the meat mixture into a loaf in a metal 9x5 pan.
- Drizzle loaf with ketchup. Bake for 1 hour and 10 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
This really is good! I got lots of compliments and even though I increased the recipe by 50%, it disappeared quickly. I used dry mustard instead of wet and cayenne pepper (about 1tsp) instead of chilli powder.