Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is so easy and good! I am a sucker for meatloaf recipes, sometimes I am pleased, but so often, I go back to the basics. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does. Makes excellent cold or hot sandwiches the next day!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef with onions and celery. Peel carrot into short strips, chop and add to meat. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs, then add milk, ketchup and spices and blend. Combine wet mixture with meat and mix together.
- Sprinkle oatmeal over meat mixture and gently mix all together until oatmeal is well combined.
- Shape into loaf shape and place in metal loaf pan; drizzle top of loaf with ketchup (I place my ketchup in a small squirt-top dispenser for convenience). Bake for approximately 1 hr 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let stand about 15 minutes. Slice and serve.