My kids just love my mashed potatoes and I just love my kids...
Make and share this My Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Place a few (small handful) of clean potato peel in the bottom of a two quart pot.
- Add diced potatoes and cover with water.
- Bring to boil on high, then reduce heat, cover and cook 10-15 min, or until tender.
- DO NOT OVER COOK!
- Drain most of the water out leaving just a little in bottom.
- (about half cup) Add remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher, then with electric beaters, beat on high about 1 min adding additional buttermilk if needed.
These are delicious and easy to make! I've never used these ingredients in mashed potatoes before, but I will use this recipe whenever I have buttermilk on hand!
I tried your recipe because it used ingredints I haven't used in potatoes before and cooking the potatoes with a few peels was a new thing too. The potatoes tasted so good. Thanks LizAnn. Bullwinkle.
This is delicious simplicity. This recipe uses simple ingredients and the potatoes come out nice and fluffy. Great recipe when you want just plain, good old comforting mashed potatoes! These go with just about anything. The whole family enjoyed these. I'll be making these again for sure. Thanx for sharing this simply delicious recipe!