Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are every childs favourite biscuit in new zealand, and adults to for that matter. there is nothing quite like these, you have to try them
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- stir in sifted flour and cocoa.
- then stir in corn flakes and coconut in 2 batches.
- i had to roll mine into balls then press with a folk onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- bake in a moderate oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to touch.
- stand biscuits 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool
- spread warm icing quickly onto bicuits.
- Combine sifted icing sugar and cocoa in small heatproof bowl.
- stir i butter and enough water to make a stiff paste.
- stir over hot water until spreadable.
- can be made a week ahead, keep in air tight container.