These are every childs favourite biscuit in new zealand, and adults to for that matter. there is nothing quite like these, you have to try them
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- stir in sifted flour and cocoa.
- then stir in corn flakes and coconut in 2 batches.
- i had to roll mine into balls then press with a folk onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- bake in a moderate oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned and firm to touch.
- stand biscuits 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool
- spread warm icing quickly onto bicuits.
- Combine sifted icing sugar and cocoa in small heatproof bowl.
- stir i butter and enough water to make a stiff paste.
- stir over hot water until spreadable.
- can be made a week ahead, keep in air tight container.