Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ask my mom to make this for me for my birthday every year! Dishes always taste better when somebody else did all the work! :)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped small
- 2 (14 ounce) cansready cut canned tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (3 lb) can clams
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Add chopped garlic and brown. Putt all other ingredients in except clams. Boil and add wine.
- Reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. If it needs more liquied add clam juice. Add clams, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over linguine and top with shredded parmesan cheese. Serves 6-8.
I loved this, it's simple and such a wonderful switch from the usual hamburger sauce. I put the pasta on when I began the sauce and they were both ready at almost the same time. I used canned clams (all I can get here) and so, only needed to warm then through when added to the sauce. Also I lightened up on the cayenne and I had a mild blush of heat which was perfect. Dinner was made in under 30 mins and that included making a salad. Bravo Chef Dine for a real treat.