Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Authentic and bursting with flavor. These chicken enchiladas will become a mainstay on your meal rotation!
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts (chopped into 1/2 pieces)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, mix tomatoes, paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt. Simmer until thick. About 45 minutes to an hour.
- Strain and press tomato mixture through a sieve, removing excess juice.
- Saute' garlic and onions in oil and add to the thick, strained sauce.
- Mix both cheeses together in a bowl. Dip each tortilla in this tomatoe sauce before filling.
- Place 1/2 cup of cheese in the center of the tortilla. Add 5-6 pieces of chicken and a pinch of green chiles.
- Roll and place into a 9 x 13" pan. Repeat until pan is full.
- Spread remaining tomato sauce over the top and shredded parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.