Chef Dine's Note:
Authentic and bursting with flavor. These chicken enchiladas will become a mainstay on your meal rotation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts (chopped into 1/2 pieces)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, mix tomatoes, paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt. Simmer until thick. About 45 minutes to an hour.
- 2Strain and press tomato mixture through a sieve, removing excess juice.
- 3Saute' garlic and onions in oil and add to the thick, strained sauce.
- 4Mix both cheeses together in a bowl. Dip each tortilla in this tomatoe sauce before filling.
- 5Place 1/2 cup of cheese in the center of the tortilla. Add 5-6 pieces of chicken and a pinch of green chiles.
- 6Roll and place into a 9 x 13" pan. Repeat until pan is full.
- 7Spread remaining tomato sauce over the top and shredded parmesan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mamma's Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1331.7
- Calories from Fat 736
- Total Fat 81.8 g
- Saturated Fat 44.1 g
- Cholesterol 252.7 mg
- Sodium 2256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 83.3 g