Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Although there are a number of other scalloped corn recipes on Zaar, none are just like this one. This recipe is super easy and quick and has fewer ingredients than the others. Only 4 ingredients in this version and only one dish to wash - you mix it up right in the baking dish. My mama always served this at every Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner and we wouldn't have a holiday dinner without it now. You can add some chopped pimento for color - especially if you are serving it for a holiday dinner.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour in the 2 cans of cream style corn.
- Slightly beat the 3 eggs and mix into the corn.
- With your hands, crush the crackers right in the sleeve, being careful not to pop open the ends, and pour them into the corn mixture.
- Mix together well.
- Dot the top with butter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the scalloped corn is set (use a table knife to check).
I made this for a side dish the other day. It was delicious. I added some minced onion and some diced green chilies. But this is the kind of dish that is very versatile but still good as is. Thanks for sharing it with us!! I will make it again for sure.
Simple enough for every day but fancy enough for guests.. I added some Yellow bell pepper and it made it excellent