Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a flavorful and robust stew, perfect for a cold winter evening!
- 1 lb lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks (or beef if you choose)
- 3⁄4 cup flour (reserving 1 TBS for later in the recipe)
- 2 -3 tablespoons mccormick's montreal seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot (I used Penzy's freeze dried shallots)
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped small
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-2-inch pieces (or yukon gold)
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (reserving 1 TBS for later in the recipe)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup frozen green beans, snapped into 1-inch pieces or 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- Place meat pieces in large gallon size Ziploc bag.
- In small bowl, mix flour and McCormick's Montreal Seasoning. Reserve 1 TBS.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over meat, seal and shake, re-open and sprinkle remaining flour mixture over meat, seal and shake until covered evenly.
- In a large dutch oven, saute the garlic, shallots and onion in olive oil until tender. Add meat, and brown on all sides (add more olive oil if necessary).
- Add beef broth (deglaze bottom of dutch oven if necessary), potatoes, carrots, 3 TBS of the lemon juice and rosemary. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 50 minutes.
- Place 3/4 cup frozen peas or 1 cup frozen green beans snapped into 1" pieces in the pot.
- Mix remaining 1 TBS of flour mixture with 1 TBS lemon juice and add to the pot stirring thoroughly. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and serve.