Recipe by Miraklegirl
Another one from the world's best Mama. Tzimmes is a yiddish word for a sweet culinary creation made of various stewed fruits and vegetables and is a great complement to roasted meats. Enjoy!
Top Review by Barb G.
These are very tasty, I also added some dried cranberries. I belive that the amount of liquid was left out of the recipe. I used just enough water to cover the carrots. I think you could use apple juice. I will be making this again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 tablespoon margarine (or butter if preparing a dairy meal)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup seedless golden raisin
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently until the carrots are crisp tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the pan, raise the heat and cook the carrots until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce is thickened, about five minutes.