Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my mothers brisket. Its very simple but the taste is unbelievable.
- 2 -3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup Grey Poupon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 -6 potatoes
- Preferably the night before marinate the brisket and keep it in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Chop the garlic and put aside.
- Take the brown sugar in a large cup and water it down to make it liquidy.
- Then mix in the mustard and garlic.
- Stir well.
- Place the brisket in the pan.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and place them in the pan surrounding the brisket.
- Pour the sugar-mustard- garlic mixture over the brisket and potatoes.
- Cook on 400 degrees for one hour, then on 350 degrees for 3 hours or until the brisket is extremely tender.
Just made this for dinner. It was excellent and so easyyyyy. It turned out soooo TENDER. I have never tried this flavor with brisket and it is different. Not like bbq brisket but more like a tangy sweet flavor. My family thoroughly enjoyed it. I used a 7.5 lb brisket. To marinade overnight i used about 3 TBS of liquid smoke and sprinkled the meat liberally with onion powder, garlic salt, and celery salt. I DOUBLED the recipe for br. sugar, mustard and garlic as i had such a large piece of meat. It did not specify how much water to use for the brown sugar only enough to make a liquid so i used 1 cup and it did make alot, (will probably use 3/4c. water next time). At first i thought it was way to much liquid b/c it came a little over halfway up the brisket but i wanted to follow the recipe exactly so i could rate it. I cooked it exactly as it said only i left it in one more hour @350 b/c my brisket was bigger. Yummy so glad i tried this one. This will be a regular here at our house. Forgot to put in potatoes but will use next time. If you are making a smaller brisket follow the recipe exactly it is perfect. Thank you Jordana and my compliments to your mama =)