Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I always substitute the shortening with Apple Sauce (yes, instead of the butter or crisco!) and it comes out just as moist and delicious as my Mom's. Below is her original recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- .Cream together shortening, sugar.
- Mix in eggs and minced onions.
- Sift dry ingredients together, stir into banana mixture.
- Stir in water and vanilla.
- Turn into greased 8" loaf pan.
- Bake 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Cool before cutting.