Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tasty. And oh, so comforting!
Make and share this My Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked white pepper (to taste)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 cups gruyere (shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Heat oven 350.
- Boil macaroni until al dente. Drain. Rinse. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in flour. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until toasted.
- Whisk in milk, salt, pepper and Tabasco. Simmer until thickened.
- Stir in cheddar. Remove from heat.
- In a large sprayed casserole layer macaroni, sauce and Gruyere. Top with parmesan.
- Bake 30 minutes.