I love my Martian Cookies (Zucchini & lots of other stuff!) as does my husband, but it has a lot more butter then really I want to use on a regular basis. A gift of some zucchinis prompted me to try and reduce the fat a little. This has not become a health cookie, but they tasted quite good and I didn't want to lose my proportions. You might also notice that this batch is double the original. It's because I usually double it plus I noticed in reviews that some others do too. I made these really big and so only got about 55 cookies. If you make them smaller you will, of course, get more cookies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup unrefined unbleached cane sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup white bean flour
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups coarsely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2With a mixer blend the butter and applesauce. Add the sugars and the Splenda and beat well. It will never get fluffy and it might have little specks of butter in with the applesauce. This is just fine.
- 3Add the egg whites and the vanilla and mix well.
- 4Add the 2 flours, the cinnamon, the baking soda, and the salt. Using the low setting on the mixer blend in the flour.
- 5Using a spoon add the oatmeal, zucchini, and chips. (I ran out of chocolate and used more butterscotch. Use what you would like to end up with 2 cups of chips).
- 6Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until they are starting to brown.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Lower Fat Martian Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 80.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: