Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this after several tries (experiments?)in an effort to reduce carbs. The traditional version has a very high carb count and lots of flavor. The carbs have been reduced here, but I think the flavor remains. I used bacon, which keeps the salty and crunch of french fried onions. I used Bertolli’s Alfredo Sauce w/Portobellos instead of cream of mushroom soup, which keeps the mushrooms we love, but omits needless carbs! I used whole milk- yes whole- because it keeps it creamy and the fat adds flavor. My family loved this version and it's my husband's new favorite at the holidays. And, he's a difficult man to please! Plus it ended up being lower in calories than the traditional version! How great is that? -low carb, less calories.
- 4 (14 ounce) cans cut green beans
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup bertolli's mushroom alfredo sauce
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- Note: Recipezaar didn't recognize Bertolli’s Alfredo Sauce w/Portobellos in the ingredient list so I had to list it as Bertolli's Mushroom Alfredo Sauce.
- Heat oven to 325°F Mix green beans, milk, alfredo sauce, soy sauce and salt/pepper to taste in 1.5 qt casserole dish. Sprinkle crumbled bacon over top of mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Makes approx 5 servings (3/4 cup each).
- Nutritional Information according to my calculations:172 calories,8 g fat,6.4g net carbohydrates, 8g protein.