Recipe by gingerkitten D
Having just recently started the Atkin's Diet I needed a catsup with very LOW carbs. The tomato sauce I used has 4 carbs per 1/4 cup serving...so just make sure you use one with the same or less on the label.
Top Review by ~jb4~
I am picky about my ketchup and this has a very delicious taste. Being on Atkins I can assure you that this is low in carbs. There is no way it can be high. For the amount you use it is minimal. It is really good with cheeseburgers and steak. My dh even liked it and that is a stretch because he is a Heinz man like me. Give it a try I am sure you will love it. Wonderful job gingerkitten!!!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 pinch salt