Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I find that adding the yogurt to the mix gives it a very unique flavor and keeps down the calories.
- 2 tablespoons non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 4 slices low-calorie bread
- Whisk together yogurt and egg whites.
- Dip bread to make sure its covered on both sides.
- Fry until toasted on both sides.
- Serve with sugar free maple syrup.
This was yummy & had a nice flavor! I don't like my french toast too sweet, so next time I'll only use 1 tbsp of my low carb vanilla yogurt; I found that 2 tbsp was a tad too sweet for me. I only used 1 slice of whole wheat organic bread which coated the batter nicely. I topped it with some natural peanut butter, thickly sliced bananas & some sugar free syrup. Great taste & so healthy, too. Thanks for sharing!
easy to make and tasty; not what you want if you want "real" french toast, but it's very yummy if you want a tasty and not-too-heavy breakfast