2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Made this for some friends this weekend and it was delicious! I used the rib tip because the bone gives it so much flavor and moisture, but the garnishing can be used on any pork roast. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Garnish the piece of meat in advance; it will give the flavor a lot more depth.
- 2Pat the roast dry with a paper towel.
- 3With a long thin knife, insert the cloves of garlic into the meat--two by the bone and the other two through the top of the meat.
- 4Rub a little olive oil on the surface;.
- 5Add salt and pepper, making sure you cover every sides.
- 6Sprinkle with half the fresh thyme. Roll tightly into a plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for at least 5 hours, or even over night.
- 7Preheat oven at 325°F.
- 8In roasting pan at medium high, heat the olive oil.
- 9Seize the meat for about one minute to two minute on each side, making sure all sides are nicely browned.
- 10Cover every side of the meat with the Dijon mustard; no need to cover the bone part.
- 11Sprinkle the rest of the thyme and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Cook uncovered for 2.5 hours or until the meat has reached 155°F.
- 13Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Lovely Pork Roast (Rib Tip)
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 153.5 mg
- Sodium 887.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 49.9 g