Grapes and strawberries are good in fruit salad...so why not in a smoothy? And so, my little smoothy was born. I hope you like it as much as I do.
- 1⁄3 cup red seedless grapes (more or less if you want)
- 2 -3 large strawberries (halved and hulled)
- 2 -3 ice cubes
- 0.25 lb plain fat-free yogurt (any flavor, soy yogurt for vegans)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (optional)
- 6 ounces fuji apples (6 oz = 1 medium sized apple)
- Grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder for about 30 seconds.
- Slice and peel apple, and save 4 thin slices.
- Combine the ground flax with remaining ingredients in blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a plastic glass, and place in the freezer for about 2-5 minutes if you want it really cold.
- Dip the remaining thin slices of apple into the smoothy, and enjoy!
- (The "optional" ingredients are in there to make it more filling, and more healthy).
I loved this recipe! I never would have thought to add grapes, but it was soo yummy. I make a lot of smoothies for healthier choices. I used fresh ground flax seeds, and added Whey protien (vanilla ice cream flavor) as I am on a diet that requires me to take Whey protein. Still yummy though.
I really like this recipe!! Although it is hard for me to find drinks and foods I like without the things I can't eat which is lemons and oranges this one is perfect. It even have two of my faviote fruits!! Besides it's really easy to make.
Great! The apple in this really gave it great flavor and a nice crunch. I skipped out on the optional ingridents but was still very pleased with the results! Thanks for this great smootie recipe!