Recipe by Little Italy
Grapes and strawberries are good in fruit salad...so why not in a smoothy? And so, my little smoothy was born. I hope you like it as much as I do.
Top Review by ChrissyVas80
I loved this recipe! I never would have thought to add grapes, but it was soo yummy. I make a lot of smoothies for healthier choices. I used fresh ground flax seeds, and added Whey protien (vanilla ice cream flavor) as I am on a diet that requires me to take Whey protein. Still yummy though.
- 1⁄3 cup red seedless grapes (more or less if you want)
- 2 -3 large strawberries (halved and hulled)
- 2 -3 ice cubes
- 113 g plain fat-free yogurt (any flavor, soy yogurt for vegans)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (optional)
- 6 ounces fuji apples (6 oz = 1 medium sized apple)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder for about 30 seconds.
- Slice and peel apple, and save 4 thin slices.
- Combine the ground flax with remaining ingredients in blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a plastic glass, and place in the freezer for about 2-5 minutes if you want it really cold.
- Dip the remaining thin slices of apple into the smoothy, and enjoy!
- (The "optional" ingredients are in there to make it more filling, and more healthy).