Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is super moist...
- 1 (6 lb) chicken
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon (wedged)
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Heat oven 475.
- Rinse and dry chicken. Season cavity. Stuff with the lemon wedges and 3 cloves of the garlic.
- Puree the remaining 3 cloves garlic, herbs, lemon juice, pepper flakes and oil.
- Rub all over and under skin of chicken.
- Truss. Place in a sprayed 9x13.
- Roast 15 minutes. Baste.
- Reduce oven to 325. Roast 1 1/2 hours more, basting often.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.