Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
This isn't exotic per se, but is always juicy and delicious.
- 1 whole turkey (8-14 lbs)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt & pepper
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey; set aside. Rinse and drain turkey. Pat dry.
- Use a covered roasting pan that just fits the bird.
- Cut onion in half and place inside turkey.
- Blend herbs and make a paste with a little fat. Spread on outside of turkey and press into skin.
- Tie legs together.
- Pour 1/2 inch water into pan and cover with lid.
- Place pan in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 185.
- Uncover for last 10 minutes to brown if desired.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before carving.
- Drain liquid into a pot and return turkey to a warm oven until ready to carve(after standing 15 minutes).