Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is a HUGE hit at our family functions.
- 1 lb bacon (fry and crumble)
- 1 head lettuce, rinsed,dried and chopped,i use bagged lettuce
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- red cabbage
- shredded carrot
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons vinegar
- I mix the Mayo, Sugar, milk and Vinegar until creamy- then I taste it-- if I need to add more sugar or vinegar then I add more.
- My Salad dressing is kinda a taste thing- I taste till I like it!
- I like vinegar so I usually tend to go heavy on the vinegar!
Used the salad dressing on my own version of the salad. It was simple, yet EXTRAORDINARY! Thank you for posting this recipe!
Because of fat content I cut the bacon back to 1/2 pound and used fat free salad dressing. Also used fat free cheddar cheese. The salad was great