Recipe by Twiggyann
There are a lot of variations on this recipe, but there aren't any on the Zaar that match this one that I love. I don't remember where I found it, so I want to post it here for safe keeping. This is perfect for left over Thanksgiving turkey.
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups turkey, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, sour cream, salsa, chili powder, cream of mushroom soup and the chopped tomatoes.
- In an ungreased 8x8 casserole dish, spread a layer of tortilla chips, about half of what you have.
- Top with half the chicken mixture.
- Top that with the remaining chips, then the rest of the chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes until warm through.