Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Roasted broccoli with a few familiar ingredients is what it took, but they ate it, liked it, and asked for more. I wish the same success for all you moms out there; that's why I'm posting. Good luck! Note: You could certainly use fresh broccoli if you have it, but I usually have a frozen bag on hand and it works great. I usually prepare these and bake at same time something else is cooking (like roast chicken). This is basically an oven fries recipe using broccoli instead. We also do this with sweet potatoes.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli or 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I use Italian)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray to coat. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min or until just lightly browned.
I made this exactly as written but my family did not care for this and we all like broccoli.
You got ME to eat broccoli! I've never been a fan. My kids and my husband gave it a thumbs-up, too. Thanks for a great, easy veggie recipe. It's going to be a go-to.
This works! And you can reduce the amount of oil to 2 Tablespoons by putting the broccoli and oil into a large ziplock, shaking, then adding all the rest, shake again and bake.