Recipe by *Pixie*
I am saving this recipe from the back of an old chocolate chip bag. My daughter has been making these for years and I don't know how long it will be before the bag with the recipe falls apart. These are good cookies that don't survive the day. We have made these with both milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chips and both are good!
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (300 g) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, eggs and hot water.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop from a teaspoon or form into 1" balls.
- Place 2-inches apart on an ungreased shiny cookie sheet (the insulated kinds work the best) Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.