Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are ooey, gooey and simply delicious! Friends of ours in Rhode Island first made them for us about 30 years ago and they have been a family favorite since.
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon gin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips removed
- Mix all of the above ingredients thoroughly in large glass bowl.
- Add chicken wings making sure that mixture covers wings well.
- Store wings to marinate in refrigerator for up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before ready to serve and lay wings on cookie sheet that has been covered with heavy duty, Pam sprayed aluminum foil.
- Bake wings in 375 degree oven for approximately 1 hour depending on size of wings.
I am one of Gianna's kids and these are my absolute favorite!!! We ask for them over and over again and I have just started making them for my family. Especially good in the summer for some reason! Enjoy!
I made these yesterday and they were absolutely delicious.