Recipe by lisacheshire
I know, there are tons of Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes out there. But, my kids and I tinkered with this one for a school project and we love it's chewy, puffy texture. We live at high altitude (5000 ft.), so this recipe contains about 1/4 cup more flour than you might use at lower altitudes.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars well until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of the flour, the baking soda and the salt, mix well.
- Add remaining flour(s)and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.