1/1 Photo of My Kids Coconut Squares
Chef #782749 Photogardener's Note:
My kids loved helping me make these cookies so much that one of them taught her children to make them so they have been a family tradition for 45 years. They are excellent shippers and keepers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Into a large bowl put:.
- 21 / 2 cup soft butter.
- 31 / 2 cup packed light brown sugar.
- 4beat until fluffy then add:.
- 51 cup sifted flour
- 6mix well then pat into a greased 12 X 9 X 2 pan
- 7and bake this cookie dough at 350 for 10 minutes.
- 8While the above is baking using that same bowl:.
- 102 slightly beaten eggs
- 111/2 teaspoon salt.
- 122 teaspoons vanilla.
- 134 ounces of flaked coconut.
- 141 cup of any walnuts
- 151/4 cup sifted flour 1 cup packed light brown sugar.
- 16mix well and spread over the.
- 17cookie dough that just came out of the oven and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- 18As soon as it comes out of the oven ( and is still hot) score it into
- 191 inch squares and this should make 6 dozen one inch cookies.
- 20leave in pan to cool then take out and separate -- Freezes well and ships well.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Kids Coconut Squares
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.8
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 99.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g