1/1 Photo of My KFC Coleslaw Re-Make
24 hrs 15 mins
I've had many people, over the years, accuse me of trying to pass off KFC's Coleslaw as my own home-made. So I'm finally letting my family and friends (and the world) know my recipe. I think you will enjoy this very much if you follow the directions as written. Do Not use more sugar than specified. Give yourself one day ahead for prep. (Cook time is the overnight refrigeration time). Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk (divided)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (from the bottle)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar (best) or 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip (Do Not use mayo)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (preferred) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion flakes
- 8 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage & carrot, more or less depending on the diced size)
- 1Mix 1/4 cup of the divided milk with the vinegar and lemon juice in a glass (I use my glass measuring cup, less dishes). "Stir well" and let sit, "undisturbed", for 5 minutes (this is to create buttermilk).
- 2Meanwhile, in a large glass or plastic bowl, thoroughly mix (whisk) together the remaining 1/4 cup milk with the Miracle Whip, sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed and dried onion. Now your butter milk should be ready, so mix that in well, also.
- 3Now for the veggies. You can either put the bag of coleslaw mix into a food processor to dice it up very tiny (like KFC), or leave it shredded the way it is packaged. Your choice.
- 4Gently stir the slaw mix into the dressing until completely coated. It will look very dry, and you will probably not like it if you eat it right away (over night is the key to this). Cover the glass or plastic bowl tightly with plastic wrap and leave it sit for a full 24 hours. (Really). Stir at least once overnight.
- 5Next day, remove from the fridge, stir to moisten and serve. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My KFC Coleslaw Re-Make
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.1 mg
- Sodium 395.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: