Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is just enough different from my other one that I entered it instead of just making notes.
- 1 teaspoon gelatin, unflavored
- 2 tablespoons water, cold
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice, fresh best
- 2 egg yolks
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, fat free
- graham cracker crust
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cream of tartar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- lime slice
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl and set aside.
- Combine lime juice and egg yolks in small saucepan and heat over medium low 10 minutes or until slightly thick and very hot (180),stirring constantly. Do NOT boil. Add softened gelatin and cook 1 minute stirring until the gelatin dissolves.
- Shock pan in a large ice filled bowl and stir gelatin mix 3 minutes or until it reaches room temperature Do NOT allow it to set. Stain solids out.
- Gradually add milk whisking until blended.
- Spoon into graham cracker crust.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt at high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread evenly over filling, sealing to edge of crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool 1 hour on wire rack.
- Chill 3 hours or until set.
- Cut with a sharp knife dipped in hot water.
- Garnish with lie slices.