Recipe by Printessa
Makes a great lounging around the house watching a movie snack... As well as an Appetizers for parties Specially my friends like me to make them for my SuperBowl Party every year.... Enjoy...
- 12 medium fresh jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix (lipton soup mix)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 Velveeta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- peanut oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, soup mix (lipton is the best), worcestershire sauce, velveeta; mix well.
- Allow to sit at room temp until you are ready to fill jalapeno peppers.
- Mix Flour and bread crumbs together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat milk, white pepper and egg together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Wearing rubber gloves, slice almost through the top of each pepper, leaving the top as a flap. With a small melon scoop, remove the seeds and white pulp from each pepper.
- Place cream cheese mixture in a small decorating bag and with a medium 'o' tip pipe mixture into each pepper, mounding slightly at the top. Brush pepper flap with some of the egg and close flap to seal.
- Refrigerate peppers for 30 minutes. Dip chilled peppers in egg wash & milk then roll in cracker crumbs mixture.
- Next step is to place peppers in the freezer until hard frozen, about 3 hours.
- Just before serving, remove peppers from freezer and drop into hot 375 degree oil and fry until golden.
- Serve hot with a warning and fire extinguisher handy.
- Slice Jalapenos into half lengthwise.
- Dip peppers in milk and eggs, then into combined flour and bread crumbs, turning to evenly coat all sides.
- Repeat to coat each pepper twice.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Freeze 5 hours or until firm.
- Add 6 poppers to hot oil (400°F). Fry 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil; drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining poppers.
- Serve immediately.