Recipe by ElaineAnn
I came up with this when I had extra zucchini to use up. The recipe is pretty flexible, so have fun with it!
Top Review by loof
This is a wonderful quick and easy meal! I used fat-free dressing and whole wheat pasta with good results. I don't care for onions so left them out; I had half of a red bell pepper in the 'fridge so used that in it's place. I took the advice of another reviewer and just sauteed the turkey in the dressing instead of adding the olive oil. Tasty and healthy and ready in a flash - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 6 ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice turkey breast thinly across grain (this is easier if you pop it in the freezer for about 30 minutes so it is partially frozen).
- Marinate sliced turkey in Italian salad dressing for 30 minutes. Drain well before cooking.
- Heat oil in wok or deep frying pan. Sauté turkey, stirring often, just until it looses pink color, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion, pepper, and zucchini and continue cooking, stirring often, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes more.
- Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in cooked pasta; continue stirring until pasta is heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss lightly.
- Serve and enjoy.