Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The directions are probably for seasoned biscuit makers. This is the way he explained it to me and frankly, I couldn't make biscuits with these directions LOL. Thats why he makes the bread.
- cut butter into flour
- add milk stir until blended.
- turn out & kneed 5 to 7 times.
- roll to 1/4 inch thick.
- punch out 10 3 inch biscuits.
- spray a pan with the cooking spray and place biscuits in pan touching eachother.
- bake for 8 minutes on 500°F.
Great basic recipe for biscuits! They come out flakey, soft and crunchy with a lovely plain biscuit taste. I found your husbands directions to be very clear and spot on. I made half the recipe using half whole spelt flour and reducing the butter a tad. They still came out very light and yummy! I reduced the oven temp to 375?F, but other than that stuck to your husbands recipe and loved it. Ill make these again for sure!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a real keeper with us, Ilysse!
Made and reviewed for the Farm Event in the Photo Forum May 2012.