Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my own recipe for hot sauce that I've made since I was a little girl. Usually I just throw ingredients in, but I'll put measurements in for this. My friend Becky used this in a chili contest and won, so it must be good:) I know my family enjoys it. Hope you like it.
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 jalapenos (more or less depending how hot you like it, cook in microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend till all ingredients are incorporated and liquid.
- Serve with chips, or brown up pork, beef, or chicken chunks and simmer with the sauce in it. Very yummy!
- This can also be used to make Spanish rice. Cook up rice as usual, but replace some of the water for the sauce. Simmer.