Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
this is a pie recipe from my grandma
Make and share this My Homemade Strawberry Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lb whole fresh strawberries
- 1.preheat oven to 450
- 2.combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. in another bowl,mix vegetsble oil and milk. combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix.
- 3.when pie crust dough is well mixed,roll out into a ball divide in half into 2 balls, roll out both seperatly on a lighty floured table.
- 4.with a rolling pin ,roll dough into a 1/4 inch thin sheet and lay it over a pie tin. bake for 20 minutes or untill golden brown on edges.
- 5.while bottom crust bakes combine- lemon juice, cornstarch and sugar.
- mix well . pour mixture over the strawberries and gently mix. pour the mixture into the baked ,cooled bottom pie crust cover with top pie crust and bake for 10-20 minutes or untill top crust is golden brown.
- 6. take pie out of oven and let cool for 20 minutes the put in fridge to set
- serve cold serves 8.
We really enjoyed this strawberry pie. I like the fact that it is not overly sweet. If you're looking for a really sweet pie -- just add a bit more sugar. DH will see to it that this pie doesn't last long. I did use a pre-rolled pie crust vs. making one. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2013.