Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You can make this as spicy as you wish by adding a diced chipotle pepper or jalapeño pepper or a pinch of cayenne.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 (19 ounce) cans tomatoes, broken up
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups uncooked pasta like penne, fusilli, elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown beef with onions, garlic and pepper and drain fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add parmesan cheese before serving.
My family loved this. I tweaked the seasonings to my taste but followed to overall recipe. Very good, cost effective recipe. Thanks for posting.
My husband and I thought this was pretty good it just needed some salt. We also used cheddar cheese instead of parmesan. It makes A LOT. My skillet was full. Thank you.
Really quick to make and so much better than the box. I will be using this recipe rather than any of the boxed stuff.