Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We always serve these over mashed potatoes and have dinner rolls with the noodles. My Grandmother is 82 and still makes homemade noodles for a big crowd. My recipe is a little different then hers that I added a couple more seasonings to the pot. the cooking and prep time may be off a little
- Cook chicken in pot with water nearly covering chicken, add celery,onion, carrots, . Simmer slowly until chicken is tender.
- ***** I like to use my pressure cooker to make the chicken with celery, onion, carrot and almost cover with water. -- usually about 20 min to cook this way.
- Make the Noodles - while chicken cooks
- combine eggs,tsp salt, water and flour. Knead dough and make a ball. Let sit about 20 minute.
- Roll the dough on floured counter use a noodle cutter or pizza cutter to make thin strips. Let noodles rest on the counter till chicken pieces are back in the boiling broth.
- Strain the broth, add seasonings to the broth,cool the chicken and debone into small pieces.Throw out the vegetables.
- Bring the broth to a boil. Add in the chicken pieces. Slowly add the noodles with your hand so they don't clump and stir often. Bring down heat to simmer. Remove the bay leaf before serving.You may wish to add onion, carrot slices, celery slices, or hand full of peas to your noodles -- depends on your preferences.
- Will take about 20 min for the noodles to be done.