Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
another italian sub. a little different, very tasty and satisfying. can't remember who gave me this recipe.
- 1 French rolls or 1 italian roll, 7 to 8 inches long
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 arugula leaves
- 1 ripe plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese (3 slices, about 1/8 inch thick)
- 4 whole fresh basil leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 ounces prosciutto di Parma, 2 thin slices
- 1 ounce genoa salami, 4 thin slices
- Slice the bread horizontally and scoop out some of the center.
- Brush each cut side of bread with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Remove and discard the tough stems from the arugula.
- Rinse the leaves,pat them dry, and place them in a bowl.
- Halve the tomato lengthwise.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Cut the halves lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips.
- Add to the arugula and toss with the remaining tablespoon olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the bottom half of the roll with the cheese, basil leaves, prosciutto, and salami.
- Top with the salad.
- Cover with the top half of the roll, cut in half on the diagonal, and chow down.