Michigan Dreamer's Note:
another italian sub. a little different, very tasty and satisfying. can't remember who gave me this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 French rolls or 1 italian roll, 7 to 8 inches long
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 arugula leaves
- 1 ripe plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese (3 slices, about 1/8 inch thick)
- 4 whole fresh basil leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 ounces prosciutto di Parma, 2 thin slices
- 1 ounce genoa salami, 4 thin slices
- 1Slice the bread horizontally and scoop out some of the center.
- 2Brush each cut side of bread with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- 3Remove and discard the tough stems from the arugula.
- 4Rinse the leaves,pat them dry, and place them in a bowl.
- 5Halve the tomato lengthwise.
- 6Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- 7Cut the halves lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips.
- 8Add to the arugula and toss with the remaining tablespoon olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Layer the bottom half of the roll with the cheese, basil leaves, prosciutto, and salami.
- 11Top with the salad.
- 12Cover with the top half of the roll, cut in half on the diagonal, and chow down.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Hero
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.6
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.6 mg
- Sodium 1438.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prosciutto di Parma