Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It has a wonderful custard base to it and it is oh so very easy to make. When my husband had it, he thought he died and went to heaven. It was so good I had to make a double batch!
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, beat lightly
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix all stuff together except for the cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into baking dish and place in a pan of water about 1 inch deep.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until lightly browned and set.
- Combine cinnamon and nutmeg together and sift over the top of the pudding.
- Take pan from oven; let cool slightly and then cut into squares. Enjoy!