Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy with great flavor. Very healthy too. I use all fresh ingredients usually and soy milk instead of regular for the sauce. Also I like to substitute Bisquick heart smart for the flour. However, those are all personal preferences. This isn't out of a cookbook, just something I made up so feel free to tweak to personal preferences. Cooking times are an approximation, use your judgement based on veggie tenderness and sauce thickness. Goes well with biscuits or nice, hearty bread.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, filet cubed
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved
- 3 large celery ribs, cut into . 5-inch pieces
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon flour or 1 tablespoon Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- Combine all ingredients in a large skillet.
- Pour the water over everything and bring to a boil.
- Add bouillon cubes and spices, cover and cook on medium heat for approximately 30 minutes until carrots and potatoes are very tender and chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- Uncover, add milk and flour and bring back to a boil.
- Cook on high heat until sauce thickens.
Pretty tasty! I used beef instead of chicken,pearl onions instead of mushrooms, and was quite pleased with the results! Simple, easy and moderately quick!