Very easy with great flavor. Very healthy too. I use all fresh ingredients usually and soy milk instead of regular for the sauce. Also I like to substitute Bisquick heart smart for the flour. However, those are all personal preferences. This isn't out of a cookbook, just something I made up so feel free to tweak to personal preferences. Cooking times are an approximation, use your judgement based on veggie tenderness and sauce thickness. Goes well with biscuits or nice, hearty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, filet cubed
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved
- 3 large celery ribs, cut into . 5-inch pieces
- 2 cups white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1Combine all ingredients in a large skillet.
- 2Pour the water over everything and bring to a boil.
- 3Add bouillon cubes and spices, cover and cook on medium heat for approximately 30 minutes until carrots and potatoes are very tender and chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- 4Uncover, add milk and flour and bring back to a boil.
- 5Cook on high heat until sauce thickens.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Hearty Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 503.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g