Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love vegetables and any excuse to dump a whole bunch of them into a soup pot makes me happy. This is good for you and very filling.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup turnip greens, cooked, I used canned
- 2 cups frozen okra
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder, Knorr, low sodium variety
- sea salt, only if needed
- olive oil
- In a Dutch Oven, add a small amount of olive oil and cook chopped onion until soft.
- Remove from heat and begin adding in all remaining ingredients.
- Return to heat and add enough water to fill your pot leaving a little room to prevent boil over.
- Cook at low boil for about 1 hour or until carrots are soft.