I got ideas from MANY recipes and doctored this up. All I can say is that it tastes amazing, is easy to make, and is relatively low in calories. Use any flavor syrup, this one is just my favorite. Also, any other fruit can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg white
- 2 slices low-calorie bread
- 1 ounce torani sugar-free caramel syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- nonstick cooking spray (like Pam)
- 1In a large, shallow bowl, beat together egg white, torani syrup, and water.
- 2Heat large non-stick skillet over medium flame and spray with non-stick spray.
- 3Put slices of bread in the bowl, flip over. This works best if the bread is kind of old and stale.
- 4Put into skillet and cook about 3-4 minutes per side or until it is nice and golden brown.
- 5Meanwhile, for the stuffing, cut the peach half into 8 wedges. Pour the maple syrup on top.
- 6Place into microwave safe dish and cover.
- 7Here's the fun part: Shake, shake, shake! Just trying to cover the slices :).
- 8Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30-60 more seconds, depending on your microwave. You want the peaches to get really soft.
- 9Now, to prepare the toast: Place four peach wedges on each slice of bread--line them up on a half of the bread.
- 10Sprinkle with cinnamon. Fold over and kind of pat down. The edges will stick.
- 11ENJOY! you may want to eat this with a knife and a fork as it can get quite messy :).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Healthy Peach Quickie (Stuffed French Toast)
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free caramel syrup
sugar-free maple syrup