Recipe by Beachbunnymom
This is a tweaked up version of my mom's banana bread recipe. I turned them into muffins and changed a couple ingredients making them healthier and more nutritious. This recipe has 1/2 the calories and a lot less fat compared to the original version and it still tastes great.
Top Review by Boomette
I made only 12 muffins without changing the quantity of ingredients. I used sugar cause I didn't have splenda. I reduced the amount of brown sugar and sugar. I used 3 eggs and milk. Thanks Beachbunnymom :) Made for PAC Fall 2007.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large overripe mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk (or skim milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour muffin pans.
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set a side.
- In another bowl, blend applesauce, brown sugar, Splenda until well blended. Add egg whites and vanilla. Mix well. Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in mashed bananas and milk.
- Spread in prepared muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-35 minutes, or do toothpick test to see if done.