Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
My tweaking of another hamburger soup recipe
Make and share this My Hamburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 2 (2 ounce) packages onion soup mix
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup small shell pasta (I like mini shells)
- parmesan cheese, grated (or Italian blend)
- Brown meat in skillet, drain excess fat.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, seasonng salt, and onion soup mix.
- Stir in broth, bouillon cube, balsamic vinegar, tomato sauce and soy sauce.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare celery and leaves, and carrots. Add to simmering mixture with capers and continue to cook for 45 minutes.
- Add pasta and continue to simmer for 15 minutes, adding water if necessary, and stirring occasionally.
- Portions may be sprinkled with grated cheese.