Recipe by crispychick
This was one of those things where I happened to have these ingredients on hand and they all kind of just fell into the pot together. The hubby thought it was good enough that he demanded I immediately write it down.
- 1 (1 lb) grouper fillet
- 1 cup finely diced ham
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small baking potatoes, scrubbed and cubed into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (with green leafy part)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy Dutch oven, heat butter and place grouper fillet skin side down and saute 1-2 minutes or until skin loosens from the flesh.
- Remove to plate discard skin.
- Add celery, bell pepper, and ham and saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add green onion and garlic and saute 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the stock, lemon juice, and hot sauce and bring up to a slow boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat and add the fish and cook until the fish can be broken up with a spoon.
- Add the milk- being careful not to boil- and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty french bread.