This was one of those things where I happened to have these ingredients on hand and they all kind of just fell into the pot together. The hubby thought it was good enough that he demanded I immediately write it down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) grouper fillet
- 1 cup finely diced ham
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small baking potatoes, scrubbed and cubed into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (with green leafy part)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1In a heavy Dutch oven, heat butter and place grouper fillet skin side down and saute 1-2 minutes or until skin loosens from the flesh.
- 2Remove to plate discard skin.
- 3Add celery, bell pepper, and ham and saute 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add green onion and garlic and saute 1-2 more minutes.
- 5Add the stock, lemon juice, and hot sauce and bring up to a slow boil.
- 6Add potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- 7Reduce heat and add the fish and cook until the fish can be broken up with a spoon.
- 8Add the milk- being careful not to boil- and heat through.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Serve with crusty french bread.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Grouper Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 717.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g